Input your search keywords and press Enter.

‘We Need N150m To Fund Ibidunni Ighodalo’s 40 At 40 Infertility Project’ – Ituah Ighodalo

We will need N150millon to fund late Ibidunni Ighodalo’s 40 At 40 infertility project, her husband and chairman of Ibidunni Ighodalo Foundation, Pastor Ituah Ighodalo, said at a press conference held at her office on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, on Friday. 

Ibidunni Ighodalo with one of the babies
Ibidunni Ighodalo with one of the babies

He explained that 30-40 per cent of the money has been raised through a combined effort of his and his late wife. However, they hope to raise the remaining 60 per cent through donations from well-meaning Nigerians. 

“We need N120 million, however, we are pegging the entire fund to N150million just in case there is some kind of emergency we need. For example, someone may need nine months of bed rest. The extra is to deal with the unforeseen circumstance. Another reason is to sustain the foundation so that we don’t have to appeal to the public all the time. We intend to do Trust so that the interest from it can fund the project next time,” he said.

In addition, Ighodalo said the entire selection process will take two months and the application opened to the couple who are not more than 50 years of age.

“We will not just provide financial support but emotional and medical support. We want to ensure the process is transparent. The couples who will apply must be legally married for five years,” he added.

Also speaking at the conference, Dr. Adeyemi Bello said the foundation recorded 40 per cent success for the first one, and 12 babies have been born through the foundation. 

The Executive Secretary of the foundation Adedayo Richard also added that the annual activities the foundation was known for will continue, – The flagship IVF annual grants, the Mothers in-waiting conference, the babies day out, hospital visits amongst many others. IIF, also known for their advocacy against stigmatization will continue their active sensitization programs.